010 - 4659797
  • nl
  • en


An au pair is a pleasant support for your family. The au pair program unfortunately brings along a lot administrative work. Smiling Faces supports you in this so that you are unburdened as much as possible.


Au Pair Visa


An au pair from outside the European Union needs a visa to enter the Netherlands and to stay for a year with a valid residence permit. Smiling Faces requests the application for the purpose of stay exchange – au pair for you at the IND. You are responsible for supplying the necessary documents. Smiling Faces is a member of  BONAPA (Branch Organization Dutch Au Pair Agencies) and is recognized sponsor of the IND (Immigration and Naturalization Service).

Smiling Faces has been a custodian of the IND since November 10, 2009 and Smiling Faces has been a recognized sponsor of the IND since 1 June 2013. This allows families to count on a decision of the IND regarding the entry visa  within 10 working days after the application has been made by Smiling Faces. The au pair can collect her entry visa in her country of origin. Depending on the Embassy, this can take 1-3 weeks.

When your au pair arrives in the Netherlands, she can pick up her residence permit at an IND desk in her area.

Au Pairs from the European Union do not require an entry visa. They do however have to register at a recognized au pair bureau: Smiling Faces. Contact us for more information.

In 5 steps to a visa for your au pair:

STEP 1: Inform and guide customers with the collection of the correct documents for application for the purpose of stay exchange – au pair.

STEP 2: Checking the documents submitted by the family and filling in the application form.

STEP 3: Submit the complete application to the IND.

STEP 4: Guiding the au pair at the Dutch Embassy in the country of origin.

STEP 5: Deregister the au pair in a correct manner upon departure to the IND, so that your guarantee will be canceled.